Training as a Certified Information and Documentation Specialist
The work of information and documentation specialists involves selecting, cataloguing, storing, preserving and providing access to media and information. We offer two apprenticeships in August each year for this training course.
What we need from you
To take the three-year training course at the ZB you will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Attendance at secondary school level A with good grades in languages (German, English, French)
- Perseverance, accuracy and reliability
- Good general knowledge
- Service ethic
- Ability to work both in a team and on your own
What we offer
- In-depth training in one of Switzerland’s most prominent academic libraries
- Detailed introduction to the work of our central departments (e.g. User Services, Collection Development)
- Insights into our specialised departments (e.g. Bookbinding and Preservation, Digitisation Centre)
- Internships in another type of library, an archive and a documentation centre
- The option to complete vocational diploma school in parallel with the training (majors in economics and services, services type)
Try-out day 2022
Each year, after the summer vacation, we offer a try-out day for a small group of secondary school pupils. The next will take place in the summer of 2022.
Please note that due to capacity limitations we cannot accept any requests for individual try-out days.
If you have any questions about training as an information and documentation specialist, please contact our vocational training officer Dominique Isabelle Franz by calling +41 44 268 32 56 or e-mailing email@example.com.
General information can be found here.
The two apprenticeships starting in the summer of 2022 have already been filled. The next application procedure will take place in the summer of 2022.